I want to offer proof that Waiting is Action. Here are the follow-up steps I have been communicating with those who attended my Don’t Die Waiting workshop which focused on the importance of creating new habits while you ‘wait’ to achieve a desired goal.
- Review the goal you are attempting to achieve. Think about what has changed since you set that goal. How have you changed? How has your life and business situations changed? Now make sure any plan for establishing a new habit takes those changes into consideration. You cannot build a new habit using old information.
- Now that you have completed Step 1, create a plan to achieve your new habit (not the goal – the habit). Example: You want to attract new clients into your business. After a review, you see how your old system of depending on referrals is outdated. You have always depended on social networks but had not incorporated virtual social networks. You add 15 minutes each day to researching potential clients using the appropriate virtual social networks.
- Watch this explainer video on the Power of Habits:
- Play the $20 Million game. You have created an incredible innovation in your field. You have amassed $20 million in after-tax cash. You earn 4% a year before taxes — $800,000. Now design your ideal typical day in your life.
- Each day, with every action you take ask yourself: Is this serving my success? That’s it. Just 5 little words to ask as you move through your day. Is this serving my success? It does not matter if you are asking about something regarding your habit or some other activity during your day.
Now as the last activity, revisit your list from the $20 Million game. Is there something you are saying is important to accomplish today but does not even make it to your list when you have economic security? Do you need to adjust your thinking today? That is a great place to start asking, “Is this serving my success?”
Hopefully, your answers will help you direct or re-direct your precious energy, potentially reduce resilience fatigue, and help you achieve your goals.
Do you now understand how much there is to do while you wait!
Happy waiting…Be brave, A